Saturday, March 20, 2010

One Voice

This is a poem I wrote earlier this year. It's kind of intense from my usual calm attitude. Lol. Take a peak into another side of me.


One Voice

My emotions are rising
Shook up, they've been shook up.
They're bottled in, ready to explode.
The pressure is intense.
My insides are ready to implode.

But all you see is a peaceful day my way.
A calm meadow full of silence.

A bomb is ready to go off
and you don't even know it.
The seconds go by,
tic-toc-tic,
what are you doing?
Standing there like nothing's wrong

Can't you see a problem?
Why won't you help me?

All you see is what you want to see,
all you see is yourself.

Hurry up! Discover what's wrong with me
You don't have much time.

Are you blind?
Are you stupid?
Are you even there?

There's something inside of me.
Ready to burst.
It's always been there,
waiting for you to listen.

But now, I'm messed up.
It's too late, you messed up.
Now, we're not going to survive.

This atrocity could have been saved
If you had just paid attention to
the bundled up chaos in front of you.

All I wanted from you
was to turn off that noise
and listen to the sound
of my aching voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment