Monday, March 15, 2010

Lovesick

This is a poem I actually wrote maybe a month ago. I hope you all will enjoy especially if it's something you can relate to. I am definitely no Maya Angelou, but I am a person who just wants to express.


Lovesick

Love is all one needs.To feel the breath of life.
To take a step into ecstasy that is hard to escape from.
To fall into an everlasting energy that pulls away from the suffocating clutches of reality.

It's an entity that I can't obtain.
A sickness that I'm healthy from.
It's a disease that catches the hearts of many, but refuses few.
It keeps you away from school.
It keeps you away from struggles.
Most medicines cannot cure.
It's the one illness many desire but cannot have.

Hopes arise in my youthful heart.
The love bug will catch me one day.
And I hope I can stay sick in it.
Escaping the never-ending ache
of life's' harsh truths.
Even if just for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment