Sunday, March 7, 2010

Losing My Way

I feel like I've lost some of my connection with God since coming to college. With every year, it's just gotten worse. Freshman year, I'd go to church almost every Sunday. Sophomore year, maybe every few Sundays. Junior year, I only went a few Sundays during the spring semester. And now as a senior, I've probably gone maybe once or twice during the fall. What's happening to me? Why am I letting college take over my relationship with God? It used to be much stronger. But now it's only gotten weaker.

Vacations at home usually means church time. I go almost every Sunday when I'm home. I love the Beulah Church of Nazarene, my church back home. I always feel closer to God with the insightful sermons and the uplifting melodies. So maybe my reasoning for not going to church up here in Plattsburgh is because I don't feel that same connection with the churches here.

Still, I want to feel that closer connection with him again. I don't want to lose my way. I want to at least feel as close as I did after finishing high school.

I just need to try harder. My bible sits right next to my bed, but its pages never sees the light of day. I usually don't know where to start when it comes to opening my bible, but it doesn't hurt to start somewhere. God is waiting patiently for me, so I need to take the time to come to him. Pray for me. For anyone who's going through anything similar, I hope you will find your way with Christ soon enough as I'm hoping to.

No comments:

Post a Comment