Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My start in the Real World

I've had a lot of ups & downs this year. I must say it was a really good year for me in the beginning. My grades were awesome, I just turned 21 so I could go out more (More specifically the Green Room =)), I realized my love for writing more, and it really was one of the better semesters with all the great times I had with my friends. The scary part though was graduating and leaving it all behind.

I know going through change is a part of life. We're all going to graduate from college one day and have to face the real world. But what I'm facing right now after all the pride and glory of my hard work is anxiety and worry. The real world's cold touch is icy enough to give me hypothermia right now even through this heat. I mean, seriously, there are so many jobs out there that want at least 3 years of job experience. How am supposed to have that if I was in college?

Friends of mine have resumes with nearly 4.0 GPAs, honors, impressive internships and academic performance. Yet, still these employers are shutting their doors to them. I know the economy sucks right now, but when will it get better? One of my biggest fears is that all this unemployment is going to increase crime. I know it's already happening since there was a shooting on my block the other night.

Life is supposed to be a struggle though. Honestly, it would be pretty boring without all the challenges. These are hard times for us all, but God will shed some light on our overcast skies. I know months from now, I will be stronger and wiser than ever before. Good things come with baby steps, but great things come with time. So let the path in front of me be a beautiful lesson into this strange entity we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment